Cooking Made Easley
Personal Cheesecake With Kauffman’s 76 Gelee
Submitted & made by Allie Jeffs, Easley Wine Steward, recipe adapted from Food & Wine Magazine
Time to Prep: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 Personal Cheesecakes
3 tbs unsalted butter, melted
7 whole graham crackers
½ cup plus 1 tbs sugar
1 large egg
Pinch of Salt
One 10 ½ oz log of fresh goat cheese, softened
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons crème fraiche (5oz)
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
2 ½ Tb cold water
¾ cup of Kauffman’s 76, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F
2. In a food processor, grind the graham crackers with the melted butter & 1 tbs of the sugar.
3. Pack the crumbs into 3″ souffle dish, ramekin, or similar dishware. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg, egg yolks, salt & the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar at medium speed until pale & fluffy, about 2 minutes.
5. Add the goat cheese & beat until smooth. Fold in the creme fraiche. Spoon the mixture into the molds & smooth the tips.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes until the cheesecakes are just set, not browned.
7. Let the cheesecake cool, then refrigerate them until chilled, at least 1 hour.
8. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water & let soften. Microwave at high power for about 15 seconds or just until the gelatin is melted. Stir in the wine. Let cool, about 10 minutes.
9. Pour the mixture over each of the 4 cheesecakes & refrigerate at least 20 minutes or until set.
10. If you don’t serve the cheesecakes the same day, make sure to cover the cheesecakes so the wine gelee doesn’t dry out.
*the gelee still contains alcohol*